aplan Viola strings offer professional-level players a full range of options designed to meet their exacting needs: two synthetic core sets, Kaplan Amo and Kaplan Vivo, and our existing stranded-steel core set, renamed Kaplan Forza. Kaplan Amo provides warmth, richness, and flexibility for brighter instruments, while Kaplan Vivo delivers brilliance, clarity, and a robust feel for darker instruments. Both sets settle quickly, exhibiting a rich tonal color palette and superb bow response. Kaplan Forza, the stranded-steel core set, provides an even higher level of clarity and tonal focus, and quicker bow response and settling time.
Sized to fit long-scale viola (body length 16-16 1/2 inches) with a playing length of 15 inches (380mm), these medium tension strings are optimized to the needs of a majority of players. Packaged in uniquely-designed sealed pouches providing unparalleled protection from the elements that cause corrosion.
- Long-scale viola (body length 16-16 1/2 inches) with a playing length of 15 inches (380mm)
- Medium tension
- Kaplan Amo delivers warmth, richness, and flexibility for brighter instruments
- Synthetic core produces a rich, powerful tone
- Short break-in time and excellent bow response provides superb playability
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA to the most stringent quality controls in the industry