- Tonica strings have a core made from nylon.
- They produce a lively well-rounded sound, perfectly balanced across all four strings.
- Responding instantly to any bowing style, they reward both player and listener with an open and direct sound.
- With substantially reduced background 'hiss', players can sustain a more even tone helping to achieve smoother string crossings.
- With a highly responsive
left handfeel, Tonica strings remain very easy to play all the way up to the highest positions.
- Projection and brilliance have been upgraded.
- However, this excess does not mean that the Tonica has lost its warmth.
- Playing pianissimo has considerably improved.
- All bow strokes are possible resulting in smooth crossings from one note to another.
right handarticulation and tone attack.
- Due to their medium string
tensionTonica strings are suitable for all instruments.
- Insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity
- The standard set
contains:E-Silvery Steel, A-aluminum, D- and G-silver.
- The set E-Gold Label
contains:E-Gold Label medium, A-, D- & G-Tonica medium. Only available with ball-end. Rich overtones and strong round sound.
- The set E-Aluminum
contains:E-steel wound with aluminum, A-aluminum, D- and G-silver. Only available in medium gauge.
- E-steel wound with
– warmer sound aluminum
- D-aluminum – warmer sound
- 4/4 in soft, medium and strong
- straight strings only in medium
3/4 – 1/2
1/4 – 1/8
1/16 – 1/32