The Chorda A- and D-strings are of plain sheep gut. The G- and C-strings are wound with a silver-plated copper wire and are unpolished.
- a brilliant and soft sound with enormous possibilities
- very low string tension, comfortable left hand feeling
- designed for 440 Hz tuning
- For 415 Hz tuning, please use "strong" gauge.
- Altering the PM gauge by 1/2 PM changes the tension by 4%.
- authentic strings for baroque instruments
The medium set contains the following strings:
A plain gut 21
D plain gut 29
G silver-plated copper wire 27 1/2
C silver-plated copper wire 36
G- and C-strings are also available wound with a plain copper wire. They are also unpolished. They sound darker in comparison to the standard G- and C-strings.
Chorda strings are manufactured in three gauges in steps of 1/2 PM.
Chorda G- and C-strings wound with copper are available only in one gauge.
A- and D-strings come without knot.
G- and C-strings come with knot.
Chorda strings are available in 4/4.